Wednesday, April 26, 2006

This week in abnormal psychology at Keene State I saw more presentations on subjects related to this field. I saw quite a few presentations on bipolar type disorders. One person did a presentation on multiple personality disorder, which I think is an interesting topic. Multiple personality disorder is also known as dissociative identity disorder or (DID). With this disorder a person could develop as many as 100 new identities that all simultaneously exist. In certain cases each identity has it's own behavior, tone of voice and physical gestures. But in most cases only certain characteristics of the disorder are noticeable because the identities are not completely separate from regular characteristics the person uses and this is why the disorder was changed in the DSM from multiple personality disorder to dissociative identity disorder. The in class presentations were interesting too listen to because I got the chance to hear about many different situations that are relevant to the field of abnormal psychology. And I also got to hear about different topics that are new and interesting to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynn Green said...

I dated a girl who had multiple personalities. Her problem was that the lights were on and EVERYBODY was home!

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google